Pre-Sales Consultant (US)
Our new Pre-Sales Consultant will play a key role in order to further develop and expand our market presence and customer base in the US. We're looking for someone who is passionate and knowledgeable about the smart building industry as well as having strong communication, commercial and technical skills. Being a team player is an absolute must.
Lone Rooftop is an ambitious young tech company that is rapidly expanding its market presence to shape the world of data-driven corporate real estate. Our commercial team is fun, smart, high-energy and singularly focused on driving impact for sales, customer success and overall market leadership in the fast paced and high growth space utilization technology sector.
With our software platform PIE we create the future of intelligent buildings and connect the physical world of corporate real estate to the realm of digital data. We focus on developing the best space utilization platform and providing our occupancy analytics to soft- and hardware applications that improve insights and the performance of office buildings. Following rapid growth in Europe across many key corporate clients, we expanded into the US as our next big frontier. Validated by our early successes and client growth, we are now opening a US office in New York City and have created an exciting position for a US-based Pre-Sales Engineer to join our brand new team.
You will be part of a cutting-edge tech firm that is opening up new markets through disruptive Smart Building technology. You will be responsible to technically support software sales cycles across a complex stakeholder landscape at some of the largest enterprises globally. Your tasks will be diverse and include technical scoping, selling and sign-off, RFX completion, translating requirements into our solution offering and providing demos to our business and technical stakeholders.
You will work closely with our internal organization and growing partner landscape. You will help evaluate technical and business requirements and map them to our technical capabilities and solution fit. You will also give (technical) demonstrations, training, and presentations to existing and potential clients.
- Collaborate with Account Managers to qualify and do discovery around sales opportunities
- Be the owner of the technical sales process, owns and manages the development, delivery and/or orchestration of technical activities driving toward technical validation, technical selection and technical closure with the customer
- Provide demos and presentations to existing and potential clients both remotely as in person (e.g. customer sites and conferences)
- Collaborates with Account Manager to complete Technical aspects of RFIs, RFPs, and InfoSec reviews
- Evaluate customer- and business requirements and map them to technical capabilities
- Determine the needs of our clients and prospects and translate how our solutions address their use cases
- Fully understand the competitive landscape and clearly be able to demonstrate how our space utilization platform differentiates
- Perform occasional site visits at our customers as part of implementation projects that are led by our Professional Services team
- Be pioneering as one of our first US team members and the first US based Pre-Sales, reporting into the Head of US Sales
- Work closely with the US team, partners, as well as your skilled colleagues at HQ
- Provide customer feedback to our product team based at our HQ in Amsterdam, NL
- Frequently travel to customers across the US and support marketing conferences. In addition, occasional travel to our headquarters in Amsterdam will be required
- Person reports to Head of Customer Success in Amsterdam. (Dotted line to Head of Sales US).
Requirements and skills
For this role we are looking for candidates with a background in pre-sales or systems engineering.
The ideal candidate has:
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a Technical role such as Technical Consultant or Pre-Sales in the Enterprise Software or WiFi industry
- Experience in Smart Building and/or Connectivity technologies such as WiFi and sensors
- A solid understanding of data privacy regulations and information security requirements would be preferred
- Understanding of the Corporate Real Estate and Workplace Strategy industry. This would be a benefit
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills in English
- Knowledge of sales support systems e.g. Salesforce
- Being innovative, pragmatic, team-focused and customer-oriented are key profile characteristics
Our Offer to You
A great opportunity to join an ambitious company in an important and rapidly changing industry and actively participate in driving the international business forward.
Our offer to you:
- Full-time (40-hour) job with a competitive salary and performance bonus plan
- Laptop and mobile phone
- International career opportunities in a fast-moving and highly innovative environment
- The opportunity to work with some of most valued brands in the world as our customers
- Fun place to work that you will help defining as one of our first US based employees
- Healthcare Benefits